Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Relating

I received an email from an MS site that I subscribe to today and it brought me to tears. 
This woman understood what I was going through.  She talked about the numbness and tingling of parathesia. 

"I think just about all of us with multiple sclerosis (MS) have experienced the numbness, tingling and/or burning that is otherwise known as paresthesia.
To me one of the worst parts of this MS symptom is not the physical discomfort, although that can be considerable. I just hate the fact that when I have these weird sensations in my extremities, I cannot forget for one second that I have MS. I simply cannot ignore this symptom, no matter how hard I try."

She got it.  She understood me completely and hit the nail on the head for me.  I cannot forget for one second I have MS.  I used to think the parathesia was a good motivator to take my needles as I couldn't pretend I didn't have MS.  But 9 months into this I would love to pretend even for a short time that I didnt have MS.

For today I am thankful that someone gets me and can relate to me.  I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment