Friday, October 28, 2011

Darkness

Today has been one of those days where my Dad has been on my mind more than usual.  I am finding comfort in the fact that he is still there for me when I need him.  I may not be able to pick up the phone or take comfort in his physical presence, but I still draw on him for strength in my dark times.

Normally I am the optimistic and positive person but I find myself being consumed by fear.  Fear that the good things in my life are going to be taken away.   It is this fear that brings the darkness. 

I am learning that fear and faith go hand in hand.  When you have faith the fear fades away, as the fear grows the faith gets weaker.  My Dad is part of that faith.  I need to focus on the faith right now and hopefully the darkness will fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment