Monday, October 24, 2011

5 weeks

It may not always be easy, But it will always be worth it

I was reminded today that in 5 weeks I will be in California being tested for the CCSVI.
5 weeks!! I'm not ready.
I am being asked more questions about our plans and the procedure and I have to be honest it is scaring me. CCSVI has also been in the media a lot lately. I listened to an interview with Dr. Arata, the Doctor that will be doing my procedure. He was honest and very good at explaining what he did. What he didn't do was promise a cure. That's ok, because even though there is no promise of a cure there is still hope. It's that hope that makes my fear tolerable.

I also watched Montel Williams speak for the first time about his CCSVI procedure he had done several months ago. I had tears in my eyes watching him talk about a disease we share. He spoke of the life changes he experienced, but he also talked about how he works very hard every day to live with MS. This isn't a cure and you need to focus on the follow up just as much if not more than the procedure. That's what makes this hard. This isn't a one time fix, this is something that I not only have to live with, I have to work hard at and do everything I can to stay healthy.

And hopefully in the end it will always be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment