Monday, August 8, 2011

In your head

I have MS. Along with this invisible illness I am faced with having to deal with the comments from people who haven't been in my shoes. The ones where they think it's all in my head or that I'm convincing myself to feel these things. They are correct with their comments of it being all in my head. There are lesions in my head that are causing this numbness. Along with the numbness is a lack of coordination. When I want my fingers to move a certain way it doesn't always work that way. I've tried telling myself it's all in my head (otherwise known as living in denial) and when I do that I usually end up hurting myself or breaking something because I am not making this up. I cant ever forget that I have MS because I have a constant reminder with the numbness in my hand.

There is silver lining in these clouds. I continue to get better. It is still slower than I would like but it is at least moving in the right direction. I get excited thinking about the possibility of forgetting that I have MS, if even for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment