Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Stress

They say MS is triggered by stress. Unfortunately stress is a constant in everyone's life. I have learned recently that it is unreasonable to try to eliminate stress completely from your life. What I have also learned is that the key is to manage the stress.
Ive been tested recently in the stress department.  A visit from the police, calls from the school about your child being expelled, calls from your teenagers manager advising you that he has missed another shift and will likely be let go.  All of these things are testing my ability to deal with stress. 
Me and my body are winning against these stressers.  I am relieved to say while I am so afraid about the what ifs with Austin, I am still sleeping,eating and exercising properly.  Im relaxing and enjoying the good parts of my life . 

Each night I go to sleep thankful that my body is working with me, I also go to sleep thankful that my son is safe from harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment