Tuesday, June 14, 2011

An Open Letter To My Son

I think back to almost 18 years ago when I carried you inside me safe and secure. The first moments you were outside of my body I worried. That worry continued to grow as you got older.
You may not understand this but I love you today as strongly and deeply as I did the day I knew we created you or the first time I looked in your eyes.

Right now you are in the middle of childhood and adulthood. Your life is filled with so much turmoil and uncertainty right now. If there was a way I could make these life lessons easier for you I would. If I could tell you now what you will realize when you are older I would. If I could keep you safe with my love alone I would.
There are so many Ifs and uncertainties in your life.
I pray no matter what wrong choices you make in your life that you know I love you and I always will.

love always,
 mom

1 comment: