Sunday, June 12, 2011

Return to work

I got the call from my doctor today that I've been waiting for. I am going back to work. I have both excitement and anxiety over my return. My doctor agreed to let me try partial days on my good needle days starting June 20. He cautioned me that it might be too much too soon, but how will I know unless I try?

In the midst of everything that has been going on work has always been something I enjoyed and I was good at. Not being there for over 4 months and the changes I have had to make in my life because of my MS has made me anxious about work. What if I can't type, write, dial etc like I used to? What if my thought processes aren't the same? What if what I've done well with over my 16 year career I can no longer do?

I know no matter anxious I am about my return to work, how much fear I have that I will fail I am excited that another piece of the life I had is coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment