Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Goodbye

Last night we lost a wonderful friend.
The friend I have blogged about that was diagnosed with leukemia and had a stem cell transplant last fall passed away.
I am still in shock as to how quickly things can change. And my heart is breaking for his wife, daughter and family & friends.

Dwight was one of the people I looked up to and drew strength from because of the amazing strength and faith he had. A good friend of mine told me that we were given our disease because God believed we would do good and make a difference. I believe that with Dwight. He has made a difference and will continue to make a difference in all of the lives that he touched. And he touched so many. I remember being a part of the first benefit concert and the wonderful feeling watching all those people together for the same cause.

May 30, 2010 Perspective - Part 2

After spending Saturday evening at a benefit concert for a friend battling leukemia I have learned a little more about my perspective on life.
Along with 500+ friends & family I felt a tremendous urge to do what I could for a friend in need.  I was so proud of everyone in attendance.
Human nature is a great thing.....we cannot help but do all we can for our friends and family in need.  The outpouring of love and support made me thankful for the wonderful friends I have and the great community we live in.
I hate that I have lost someone to cancer, that I know someone with cancer, that there is not yet a cure for cancer.  But on the opposite end of the spectrum I love that we feel empathy, we have helped someone with cancer and we are all working towards a cure.

I can't help but be thankful for the wonderful life I have and the wonderful people that have blessed it.
That's today's perspective.



Dwight, you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment