Monday, June 6, 2011

The Miles

The past few days Bob and I have put on many miles. The miles have been made in the car and on foot. 4 days ago we drove 2 hours with the little kids to poppa and grandma at the lake where they stayed for a much anticipated visit. Bob and I then continued another 7.5 hour drive to Calgary. The miles in the car were great, we visited, listened to music, discussed the impending car purchase, summer holidays, CCSVI treatment.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Calgary too.  The rooftop hot tub, Hangover 2 movie, the miles we put on in the malls, the hours spent with Bob's brother and family, and of course the MS Walk.

Last nights needle was not a good one, surprising me again with the chills and shakes which I thought were a thing of the past since I haven't experienced that for a few injections. This morning before the walk I was feeling nauseous and tired of not feeling good and not able to use my hand. Then we arrived at the MS Walk in downtown Calgary along side the river. The weather was very cloudy and cool in the morning, but as the start time got closer the skies cleared, the sun came out and I felt the warmth. I felt the warmth from the sun, from my family that walked along side me and also from the crowd of strangers who were all there for the same cause, to end MS. And again I was filled with so much hope.
I never want to lose that hope. We are already planning to participate in the 2012 MS Walks in Regina and Calgary. The walks remind me of all the good I still have. My family, my friends, my health and my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment