Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Plate Runneth Over

I have a plate that holds all things I am responsible for.  The plate is heaping right now, close to toppling into an irrresponsible mess. 
I try to stay on top of it by being organized and plan ahead.  It isnt working.  Last night I took my daughter to her 9:00 ringette game, but it was infact at 8:00. 
I am trying to arrange my full time work schedule to accomodate my Mom's cardiologist appointment and my son's child psychologist appointment.  There is only so much room on my plate. 
My husband and I often split up on evenings and weekends in order to accomplish alot of these responsibilities. 
I am thankful that my husband and my 14 year old daughter often put their plates next to mine to catch the spills.

What makes this plate of responsibility the worst is that all of the stuff I have on there for my Mom is stuff that I dont want to do.  Stuff I shouldnt have to do and definitely stuff she doesnt appreciate me doing.  I dont want to sound like a horrible daughter, but she expects so much of me and is demanding in what she wants me to do and never once says thank you.  That doesnt even include her untruthfulness and irresponsible behaviours where I am left with nothing to do but treat her like a child. 
How did I get here?  And more importantly how do I get out?

Maybe in another post when I am ready I will share more on that whole f'd up situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment