Monday, November 8, 2010

:HS (Holy Sheep)

Ok, no amount of lists are going to calm me down.  I looked at my calendar today and realized that our trip isnt a month away, it isnt even 3 weeks away, it is a mere 19 days
I need to do some serious preparing tonight.  The part about vacationing that sucks is that the rest of my life is still going on.  It's still spinning just as fast as it was before we added the vacation into the mix of things.  I need to keep up with all the every day issues and activities PLUS add the organization of a vacation. 

It has been 9 years since Bob and I went on a hot holiday.  That is a long time in the making, but from what I remember of the holiday, once we are there we will be able to relax and just enjoy the time. 
I am also very excited to share this experience with Tay.  Her excitement is contagious, it makes me excited just talking to her about all the first time's she is going to have. 

As easily as I could talk myself into a nervous breakdown about all the lists and things that need to be done before we leave in 19 days, if given the opportunity I am also able to talk myself down off that ledge and think about the great times we are going to be having. 
It also helps that Reid and McKinley are SUPER excited for us to leave.  Any nagging concerns I may have had easily get washed away because they are both looking forward to their special time with Poppa & Grandma. 
I can still remember the times I was able to spend with my Grandparents when my parents went away.  I dont remember the sadness about being left behind at all, but I do remember all the wonderful memories with Grandpa & Grandma. 

Deep breaths......I can do this.  Everything is going to be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment