Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Girl In The Mirror

I was in line at Bath & Body Works last week waiting to pay for my purchase and I caught sight of someone with hair colour that I liked.....I realized that it was my reflection. 

It has been over a year and a half since I reached the 80lbs lost.  What I haven't been able to do yet is accept the reflection in the mirror.  My self image has not caught up to the physical changes.  I dont know when or if that will ever happen. 

I feel healthier, but when Im looking at clothes my first instinct is not to go to the size 6 or 8 clothes, but still without thought go to the size that I used to be. 
I'm beginning to wonder if the picture in my mind is ever going to match real life. 

How many years is it going to take for me to keep the weight off before I can stop living in fear that this is just temporary?  How long will it take until I recognize the girl in the mirror??

No comments:

Post a Comment