Thursday, June 13, 2013

My "Mini Me"

As I watch my 8 year old daughter, McKinley, I realize that I am influencing her much more than I ever imagined.  And what's even more surprising is that most of it isn't by what I tell her but by her seeing me live my life. 

It reminds me of the quote:

“My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it”
― Clarence Budington Kelland

I have told McKinley a lot of things, but I find the biggest lessons that are lasting for her have been from what she has seen me do.  She is much more aware of the benefits of being active and making healthy choices and that is because she has watched me.  She makes healthier food choices, even reads the labels on the packages now. 
I'm proud of her.    I see the mini me in the mornings when she tries to match her outfit, hairstyle or jewelry to mine.  I even notice when I hear her speak and she has the same tone as me and sometimes even uses a direct quote of something I have said.  While I am so very proud I also have to be careful that I set a good example for my mini me.

No comments:

Post a Comment