Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dear Dad,

It's been two years since I've talked to you and I've been missing you so much. There has been so many big things that have happened in our lives that I really wished I was able to share with you.
I think Mom is doing alright, but misses you terribly. I have learned that you have to have faith and believe that everything happens for a reason. I know you are happy and with grandpa and grandma now and that even though we haven't seen you, you have been watching us.

I'm doing good. Sometimes I actually surprise myself when I think about the two years that you have been gone. We have had so many changes, big and small. Austin now lives with his dad and recently went through some very hard times in his life where he made some really bad choices, but we did good by him. We loved him and were firm with him. I often wonder what you would have said to me during this really tough times.
The other really tough time has been my MS diagnosis. There were so many nights in the beginning before I was diagnosed that I cried and prayed you would have some pull and make this all go away. Obviously it doesn't work that way cause I know you would have done everything you could have. I realize while I am powerless to change my illness I still have hope. I am working hard and making sure I do everything I can to be as healthy as I can for me and my family.
Dad, you would be so proud of your family. Austin passed all of his classes and is going into grade 12 in the fall. He has started playing hockey again and is really enjoying that He adores his little brother and in Reid's mind there isn't a cooler person around. Taylor just got her learners licence and made honor roll for her first year of high school. She has a job teaching gymnastics and is enjoying her teenage years. McKinley is so excited to start grade one and go to Tay's old school. She is reading chapter books and doing math problems. Reid is still our little go getter. He loves spiderman and can't wait to play hockey this fall. We still talk about the first sentence he said when you and mom brought that cake for dessert and he said "more cake please". I have to tell you I smiled yesterday as we had friends over for supper and they brought the exact same cake you guys did for dessert and McKinley and Reid remembered it and told them the story. It was just another one of those ways I am assured you are keeping a close eye on us. I found it very comforting that we were able to celebrate a happy memory on a day that was filled with such saddness.

After 2 years I miss you today as much as I did the day you left, but I can say that while the saddness and sorrow is still there, I am filled with comfort from the memories I have and the stories I share and pass on to my children. I am also starting to accept the peace that comes with the faith of knowing you are in a better place.

I love you and miss you
Love, Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment