Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chatterbox

My youngest has turned into a total chatterbox.  He has surprised me as he was nothing like the others in the sleeping, eating, talking developments.  I had assumed he would be more like his Dad.  The strong silent type.  Who knew he had so much me in him? :)
His chatter is constant from sun up to sun down.  And it is hilarious because if he doesnt know the word for something he just makes up a new one.  At the supper table today I heard three new words.  They flow in his sentences as if they had always existed.
Some of the commentary I could do without.  Like "This cauliflower is disgusting".  Luckily it was quickly followed by "What is disgusting?". 
He's starting to figure out feelings now.  When Grandpa gave him a toy he told me he was so proud.  Then later in the week he said his buddy Treyson hit him at daycare and he was so embarrassed.  I just have to smile and try to explain the different feelings.

I enjoy sitting back and watching my youngest two carry on a conversation.  Not that long ago McKinley was doing all the talking for the both of them, but now Reid not only talks he actually contributes to the conversation.  There they sit, growing up right before my very eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment