Friday, July 24, 2015

Collecting Memories

I'm on the drive back from a wonderful family vacation.  
Bob and I took the two little kids to Clear Lake for 5 days. And all 4 of us enjoyed it so much. 
I kept coming back to the saying.....collect memories not things.  
And that is exactly what we did. And we collected a lot of wonderful happy memories. The joy we saw in the kids eyes, the laughter, the closeness between siblings....it was all good. 

I truly enjoyed my family. It was so nice after a crazy busy 6 months with Bob's business to see him unwind and reconnect with his family. My heart overflowed with all the blessings this week. 

There were times I thought of my parents when I saw a grandpa getting ice cream with his grandkids or a grandma getting pushed in a wheelchair. But I know my parents were looking down and proud. The new memories we created also caused another positive. It brought back a lot of memories from my family holidays as a child. I shared all of them with Bob and the kids and felt a little closer with my parents because of it. 

In two more weeks we are going to collect even more memories with Tay and the little kids plus the Calgary cousins. 

Looking forward to collecting more priceless memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment