Sunday, June 8, 2014

Round One

Today started like any other Sunday morning. 
Had my cup of coffee with the kids.  Made breakfast and saw my husband off to his home office to work for the morning. 
Then I looked at my calendar and to do list on my ipad and decided to enjoy the nice weather and get the flowers planted. 
The only thing different I did this morning was take 2 tecfidera instead of the 1 pill twice a day that I was taking for a week. Now I have to say the 1/2 dose hasn't been without its challenges this past week. I've had some crazy flushing, burning and itching. It's one of those side effects like my parathesia and numbness that makes you question your sanity. 

But this morning I not only experienced the flushing I actually threw up.  Almost exactly an hour after taking those two little pills my body without any real warning decided to share its opinion of this new medication.  
I struggled through the rest of the day with that feeling and just having an "off" day. I know a lot of it was my mindset. I let the negativity and dark thoughts take over from my usual outlook on this disease. 
I am just tired of letting MS take more away from me. The list started in my head and I became angry at my body for letting this damn disease win this round. 

So tonight be damned if it didn't take me all freakin' day, I finished planting those flowers. And with a puke pail supplied by my 7 year old son I took my 2 evening pills. That was 1 1/2 hours ago.......and fingers crossed it looks like my body is going to win this round. And it's just what I needed to get back into the ring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment