Saturday, April 20, 2013

Faith

Today is the true kick off to our MS Team fundraising. Tonight is our supper and cabaret.
Weeks leading up to this day have been busy and filled with many tasks, but today is the end result.  While I am aware of all the hard work and hours that went into getting to this day, I am more filled with the excitement for the good feelings that will come.

I fundraise for MS because it is a cause that is close to my heart.  I have lived the past 17 years as a daughter of someone with MS, the past 10 years as a niece of someone with MS and most recently two years ago I became the "someone with MS"
But with that new title also comes the fact that I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, coworker......of someone with MS.  All of those titles bring along people who love and support me.  And tonight those people will come together in support to fight MS.

There are low points in my disease when the MS seems to be winning, my limitations become more apparent or I am scared thinking of what my future may hold.  
Today wont be filled with fear, or loneliness.  It will be a day filled with love, support and hope.
I am grateful I am not alone in my walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment