Tuesday, September 25, 2012

ME & MS

Last night my 16 year old had to interview me for Christian Ethics class.  There were the basic questions, where was a born, what was my first job,my favorite childhood toy. 
Then the questions got harder, what was your relationship like with your parents when you were a teen, what were two of the most difficult times in your life?

I was shocked after I listed the two most difficult times in my life and neither one of them were my diagnosis or struggle with MS. 

Does that mean I am in denial about my disease?  I don't think so.  I think it is more that I have come to terms with my disease and the new me.  My husband pointed out that I didnt even mention it in my top 2.  I was stunned at first but then pleased that I havent let it define me.

I am ok right now where I am in life regarding my MS.  I am not sure that my answer wont change as my disease progresses but for now I am ok coexisting with this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment