Monday, February 27, 2012

What are words?


Music has always been a source of comfort and support in my life.  I can recall songs through the different periods in my life that have helped express the joy, sorrow or excitement that I have felt. Most of the songs stick with me because of the story it tells or how I relate to it.
I came across this song quite by accident last week.  He is a former contestant on American Idol.  I dont follow that show but the moment I heard this song I was overcome with emotion.  After a big of research I was amazed.  This man wrote a song for his fiance after she suffered brain damage in a car accident.
These lyrics brought so many wonderful thoughts of my marriage.  My husband is a man of few words....very few words.  But I know he means the words he says and he keeps the promises he makes.

What are words
If you really don't mean them
When you say them
What are words
If they're only for good times

I am so thankful for my husband and every promise he has made, in good times and in bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment