Friday, September 6, 2013

Blink of an eye



The phrase, "in the blink of an eye" has new meaning for me. Last Saturday I woke up completely normal.  Over the course of the morning that quickly changed.  As I was standing at the kitchen island enjoying the morning time with my children I began to feel different.  I was dizzy, light headed, nauseous,had difficulty standing and even further difficulty walking.  I also noticed a pain in my eyes and my vision blurred and greyed.  Huh?  This was new.  Vision problems were what other people with MS had suffered from.  not me.  I was the parathesia, bladder and tremor patient. 

Saturday I learned that my life can change in a blink of an eye becaue of this disease.  I was forced to take different turns.  I did not want to lay in bed and wait for this relapse to pass.  I had plans, a weekend to enjoy.  Instead I laid in bed angry at this disease.  I tried not to stress, not obsess over every twinge. 
I called the doctors, nurses, I leaned on my friends and husband for support.....and in the end I made it through the relapse.

My vision still isnt 100%, but its close and its continuing to improve.  I am learning that my goals, dreams and priorities are going to take some paths I hadnt planned.  I have also been reminded that I need to remember and focus on all the good, be thankful for the wonderful things in my life. 
Because everything can change.......in the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment