Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Our Family....

My favourite quote, which adorns many of the walls in our home is:

Our family is a circle of strength and love,
With every birth and every union the circle grows,
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. 

After the truly wonderful memories we have made on our family vacation my thoughts are on my family and how blessed I am. 

Just before this vacation our family faced a few crisis'. My 17 year old made some really bad choices which luckily did not end with the serious consequences that it could have. It was a good reminder than she still is a teenager and she still has her lessons in life to learn. This crisis also made me realize that being a teenager back in my days wasn't as scary and complicated as it is now. 
I was disappointed in her choices, but through all my anger and disappointment I kept repeating to her how much she was loved. In the midst of this crisis when I saw her tears and the fear in her eyes I felt the need to remind her of the strength and love that our family is made up of. 

Our family circle is very strong. I can feel the strength during the crisis moments just as much as I can during the wonderful moments filled with joy. I find myself being thankful and appreciating this family circle more and more. 
I wonder if it is because I am getting older and appreciating the good things in life more?  Is it maybe that with age comes wisdom and I realize that the little things in life are really the big things. 

Here's a list of a few of my little things;

My children's infectious giggle. 
The funny things that my children say that bring a smile to my face. 
The memories created captured by my heart but not my camera. 
A random hug and kiss. 
All the wonders of new experiences through the eyes of my children. 
Seeing my traits and characteristics in my children. 
Walking hand in hand with my husband. 

I think it is going to be hard to top this near perfect vacation spent with family and friends.  I can't wait  to try though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment