Friday, August 2, 2013

Extremes

My blogging has been quiet for the past month.  Normally the quietness is either from me being busy and loving life or me dealing with new stressors.  This time it is a combination of both. 
I have had my MS tested with stress I could never have imagined I would be dealing with.  But I am happy to report that I was able to keep my symptoms in check and I did not have an attack.

Last Saturday I sat with my 17 year old daughter in the exact same room in the emergency where I went when I was dealing with my unknown symptoms that would later be revealed as Multiple Sclerosis.  I was proud looking back from where I came from to where I am today.  I am also more accepting of this disability and learning to appreciate my life's blessings and make the most of life.

While I am glad I have come so far, there are still dark thoughts.  But I think that is maybe normal for someone with an incurable and unpredictable disease.  I need to find a balance between the darkness and the blessings.

This morning in the shower I found myself smiling at the thought of my good life.  Despite all the recent stressful situations I can still feel  the blessings and good in my life.  I am thinking that is one of the reasons I have managed to keep my disease in check and didnt suffer an attack when the stress was really high. 

I know things can go from one extreme to the other, but as long as I can have faith that this too shall pass I can level out these extremes.

No comments:

Post a Comment