Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Class of 2012

Yesterday I overflowed with happiness and pride.
I watched my oldest child walk across the stage and receive his Grade 12 Diploma as well as a Student of the Year award for Drafting. He did it! We did it! He is a grade 12 graduate and no one can take that away from him.

He looked so handsome and mature. As much as he looks like his Dad I found him reminding me of my Dad. His hair, his smile, the way his eyes lit up. And I know my Dad would have been so proud.
At the end of the evening Austin came home to change and I gave him his cards and gifts. I gave him a special card just from me and I included a print out of this blog entry for him. The Good Things
He read it, really took the time to read it and thanked me with a shy proud smile. I hope he understands how much I love him and recognize the Good Things in him.

Austin is starting a new chapter of his life, but I will still be here....always be here.....guiding, supporting and loving unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment