Saturday, September 12, 2015

The last "First"

Today is the first year anniversary without my mom. 
A year ago I held her and cried while I said goodbye. 
I know she is with dad and no longer in pain but selfishly at times I wish she was here. 
The last 12 months there has been a lot of firsts. There were ones I prepared myself for like the holidays. But there were the unexpected ones that snuck up on me. They took my breath away and had me trying to hold back the tears. 
They were the times I reached for the phone to share the good news, when I was sick, when I wanted to talk to someone who could really understand when I was dealing with an ms setback. 

Having made it through 365 days without my mom means that there will no longer be the firsts, but my wonderful grandma shared with me that the seconds and thirds will still bring the sadness and tears but we will also feel the comfort and faith that gets us through the hard times. 


No comments:

Post a Comment